VantageCare Employer Investment Program
View the EIP Brochure
In an environment of rising healthcare costs and GASB 45 financial reporting requirements, public sector employers want solutions to pre-fund the cost of Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB).
ICMA-RC's Employer Investment Programs (EIP) are designed to help meet those retiree health care obligations and ease administrative responsibilities. The EIP Programs offer a turnkey solution for establishing and funding an OPEB Trust that save time and expense. Our services include administration, trust, consulting, and advisory services — all with a single, trusted provider — to meet an employer’s current and future needs.
Both EIP and EIP Advisor provide a protected and dedicated vehicle to pre-fund retiree health costs.
The EIP Program allows you to establish an OPEB Trust to prefund promised retiree health benefits and can be paired with ICMA-RC’s VantageCare Retirement Health Savings Program for a truly comprehensive solution.
- IRS-approved Integral Part Trust (IPT) funding vehicle – The IPT is ready for adoption and updated as laws and circumstances change, so that pre-funding employee benefits is compliant, convenient, and cost-effective for you.
- Dedicated account — Employers are generally required to utilize a separate trust, such as EIP’s Integral Part Trust, to fund a defined benefit retirement plan.
- Liability offset — Only assets in a dedicated trust will offset an employer’s OPEB liability.
- Diversified investment lineup — We make available a wide range of mutual funds from different fund families and you can make changes at any time.
- Tax advantages — Trust contributions, investment earnings and disbursements for retiree health benefits are tax-free.
EIP Advisor adds investment advisory services.
The optional EIP Advisor component provides investment advisory services for the Trust’s assets. Through EIP Advisor, we partner with employers throughout a clearly defined investment process that encompasses reviewing investment philosophies, goals and a supporting Investment Policy Statement (IPS), preparing customized asset allocation strategies, portfolio monitoring, quarterly and annual reports, periodic consultations, and IPS and portfolio updates as necessary.
EIP Advisor is designed to assist you in meeting your fiduciary responsibilities, while allowing you to retain control. You review all investment advice provided and approve all final decisions.
Help your employees take care of their health costs in retirement, a critical expense for many. To learn more, contact your ICMA-RC representative or Plan Sponsor Services at 800-326-7272.